Friday, August 24, 2012

Leave Fingerprints

I have had a blog for several years. It received some unexpected negative attention and ugly comments were directed at my kids. That didn’t work out very well for this momma. I was furious and heartbroken. I can’t imagine being mean to children.

After lots of prayers, I made the decision to not reopen my children’s blog to the public. Rather, I am launching a new one. This one, I hope, will carry messages to those that need to hear them, and will not have as many personal details regarding my children.

I was searching for ideas, for a name, for answers. I am also working on a book as well as publicly speaking. I felt that , like my previous blog, I wanted a uniform message.

One day, as I was browsing a social network site, I saw a post. It was from an amazing woman that I look up to and consider to be a “Titus 2” woman.

Titus 2:3-4 KJV “The aged women likewise, that they be in beahviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children.”

This woman, I call Ganny, was present when I was a young girl. She was so fun, hanging in there for girl scout trips, adored her grandchildren that I attended  scouts with, and was available to any child that needed a hug. She left fingerprints on my life, as well as many others.

This woman is a great grandma now, and her great grandkids had came to visit. (They live out of state so visits are especially a treat to her). She was describing the aftermath once they had gone home. She had cleaned up, and was reflecting on the fact the visit was over. She had noticed little fingerprints on the screen door one of the kids had left behind, and mentioned she could still see out of the door so she may leave them. The responses to that from people, “Leave the fingerprints”.

It was with this story, the idea of “leave fingerprints” was born. It’s the name and the message of this brand new blog.

Are you a Proverbs 31 woman? Are you a Titus 2 woman? Have you studied those women? Are you ready to leave fingerprints?

A grateful believer in Christ
~Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment