Saturday, September 21, 2013

How does your garden grow?

Planting

Planting good seeds is something often talked about. It's the works and words and impressions we leave on others that have an opportunity to grow something good in them.

What about the other seeds we plant? I have realized that intentional or not, we do plant bad seeds. I did this yesterday, several times. It was a rough day and words came out of my mouth that I had to apologize for. I have learned that I can't plant bad seeds and when I do, I have to pick them back up! That means making amends and that isn't always easy. 

There is one more lesson, the bad seeds planted into us by others. We can't go around trying to force other people to make amends when they have dropped something bad in our life.  This means we have to clean up that up ourselves. We can recognize the bad we need to clean out. It's usually grown into anger, resentments, bitterness, criticism and all that yucky stuff. When we recognize the root of those things in us, it's easier to pluck out. We don't do this for those that did or said harmful things but for us. It is called forgiveness and it's so our lives are a flowerbed of good things that can grow. 

Have you taken the time to look at what you might be planting in others, Have you taken the time to be mindful and cleanup what is planted in you? 

A Grateful Believer in Jesus Christ
~Johnna 

No comments:

Post a Comment