Friday, November 16, 2012

Gaining Victory over Fear

Fear, it showed up as soon as the first sin was committed. With knowledge, Adam and Eve were afraid and hid from God.

“ And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where are thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself” Genesis 3:9-10 (KJV)

Fear becomes a reality as a result of learning. We cope with what we perceive as a threat with the emotion of fear. There is no way to  rid our world of fear, it is a part of who we are, it comes from inside. The victory over fear comes from our reaction. There are two possible reactions from a Christian perspective. Fear can cause us to run to God, or hide from God. The secular world will call this fight or flight response.

Just as knowledge brings fear, knowledge can bring the correct response to  gain victory.  Victory over fear comes from knowing God, from fearing God.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding” Proverbs 9:10 (KJV)

There is a lot going on in the world. Every day as more things come to light, more fear is born. There is more violence, more threats, more plagues, and more things that we all would just love to run from. We can’t flee from these things, we are surrounded. So that leave us the choice to fight, to gain victory.

We are in a time where it is crucial, more than ever , for Christians to stand together. As we face a scary world that could consume us with fear if we let it, we have to fight back as we remember the promises of God.

1 But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. 3 For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place. 4 Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you, And people for your life. 5 Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, And gather you from the west; 6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' And to the south, 'Do not keep them back!' Bring My sons from afar, And My daughters from the ends of the earth-- 7 Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him." Isaiah 43:1-7

Whether you are scared of something in this world that is going on or if something more personal is causing fear, know that fear is a normal response with the opportunity to react in a way that will strengthen you as a Christian. Then, to God's glory, you will have gained victory over fear.Victory because something that satan brought to weaken you, the Lord has used to make you strong.

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed ; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help the; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.“ Isaiah 41:10 (KJV)

A Grateful Believer in Jesus Christ
~Johnna 






No comments:

Post a Comment