Saturday, November 3, 2012

I can do all things....

I think one of the biggest lessons I have had to learn is how much my life requires that I just don't have. With a super busy schedule, 6 beautiful children and an amazing husband, I am not enough. At one point in my life, I sunk into a depression and pretty much just gave up. I would sleep my days away, with too much on my plate, I completely buckled under the pressure. That was a couple of years ago. Today, I do more than I ever imagined possible.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phillipians 4:13 (KJV) 

I still have a tendency to run myself too close to empty. I have to stop myself a few steps short of exhaustion and refill. My favorite way to refill is to bury myself in God's word. I love the bible, it is the living word and applies 2000 years later to my life. That alone makes me realize how amazing God is that he has provisioned that source of strength for us. My other favorite refill is a good sermon. I have several favorite people I will listen to, mostly those types that have a contagious energy and passion for God and fullfilling His purpose.

His purpose, that is the next part to staying strong. When I ran on self-will trying to fullfil the goals I had for my life, I was worn out and drained. Walking in confidence in the light of God's purpose for my life, I have renewed hope and strength. Of course so many things I do are way bigger than I am, it's because they aren't about me and they aren't for me and they aren't planned by me. It's God's plans and He has already made the way for those plans to be carried out. I don't have to find strength, it's already been found, in Christ and there is plenty of strength to go around. 

Yesterday was a busy day, today I just floated through. I  took care of responsibilities but mostly spent today reflecting, being still, and refilling. I am excited for tomorrow and for rest and for time change that will give me an extra hour of rest, but mostly excited for worship with my family. 

As we enter this busy time of year with holidays and all that follows, I wanted to remind everyone, you have exactly the amount of strength required to do whatever has been put in front of you. Instead of looking at all that may be on your plate, take a minute to look up, take a deep breath, say a prayer, and draw your strength from the one source that will never fail you. 

Are you ready to call on God for strength? Are you ready to leave fingerprints? 

A Grateful Believer In Jesus Christ
~Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment