Friday, May 10, 2013

To my children, what I want for mother's day


To My Children, What I want for Mother's day,

I want you to carry love in your hearts always… real love, true love, love for God. The kind of love that allows you to give love and receive love.

I want you to know with confidence that you are beautiful without anyone having to tell you that you are.

I want you to hear the wisdom that guides you. The wisdom of those that have gone ahead, and the wisdom that whispers to your soul.

I want you to feel life. The breath that has awakened your spirit to encompass this beautiful journey.

I want you to see beauty, real beauty. The twinkle of a billion stars found in the eyes of a beautiful person. The rustling wind found in the gasp of a newborn baby’s breath.

I want you to taste the success of the  impossible  being made deliciously possible through Jesus Christ.

I want you to understand how blessed I am for being able to hold a baby, comfort a child, discipline a teenager, invest in a future, and pray over another person like I have done for you.

Somewhere in the scheme of things, God’s grace and mercy was sufficient enough to pick me to be your mom/guardian/teacher/minister/family.  I could have never on my own qualified to be that person for you. What I want the most for Mother’s day, is for you to know there is no greater gift on this earth I could receive. I want you to know your worth and that you ARE the perfect gift from God and I am eternally grateful for you.


For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: 1 Samuel 1:27


With All My Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment