Saturday, January 12, 2013

Getting Unstuck

Last night's lesson in Celebrate Recovery was 7 reasons we get stuck. One of the reasons was laid on my heart pretty heavy. It was "afraid of the risk in making the necessary change".  Let me disect that a little. This blog is two fold, one for me to share and one for me to understand and learn. So let us process this together.

The first part, "you are afraid of the risk" This is probably an understatement for me. I haven't been one to really be fearful of much before but after some traumatic experiences over the last two years, there are lots of things that scare me. Risk means to me that there is no telling how any decision I might make will turn out. That kind of makes me afraid to even take part in any decision making process.

The second part, "making the necessary change." I am very well aware that we can't grow without change. Change is inevitable and a part of life. Change is what keeps us moving forward. Necessary is an important word in that phrase as well. Sometimes we can get really comfortable in our lives. I know that I find something that is working for me and I want to stay right there. Then I find something not working for me and for some reason, I still want to stay right there. There are changes that need to made, they ARE necessary. We have outgrown what was or wasn't working and we HAVE to change.

While there are a lot of ways that this reason for being stuck may apply to us, the bigger part is getting unstuck. We have to make the decision to make the change. Taking a leap of faith was once defined to me as the act of making a commitment and expecting success. Regardless of how we define failure, if we are in God's will, whatever happens is considered success. Things may not happen according to our plans or what we were expecting but we can be assured that God's plans are always going to be for the greater good.


Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10 KJV

We don't have to be afraid of necessary change. We can be assured we are not alone, we will be strengthened, we have help, and God will uphold us. To get unstuck, we just have to take that leap of faith. 

A Grateful Believer in Jesus Christ
~Johnna



No comments:

Post a Comment