Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Life Friends

The main theme behind “Leave Fingerprints”  is to focus on how we can positively impact other people. Life has a way of teaching so many things that we can’t get from sitting in a classroom. There are experiences and circumstances that have molded us into who we are today. Most of us are stronger because of our trials, although we may not always feel strong. God uses endurance to build us up for His purpose.

I am currently working on a project with one of the organizations I am involved with. We are looking to develop a mentor ship program in our community. This project is buried in my heart in a way that I know I am walking in His will and not mine and I also know this will be bigger than anything I can accomplish on my own. That is God’s way of reminding me how much I need him.

This mentor ship program is blooming very fast. It is our hopes to link single moms that may be exhausted with single moms that made it through that season of exhaustion. We want to link those struggling with mental health problems to those that have received treatment and are functioning. We want to link those that struggle in poverty to those that found a way to thrive. We don’t want a quick fix for just today, we want a solution today that will improve tomorrow. We want to help connect life friends that can walk together, holding each other up.  I-am-excited-honored-humbled-blessed to get to see this shaping into something that surely will affect change in people’s lives.

I want to share as we enter into this journey for anyone looking for similar ideas or venues to help. I want us all to be motivated to “Leave Fingerprints”.  Please pray with us and for us that we can see God moving in our community and in the lives of people that hunger for the answer. Pray they find the peace and rest and love they are seeking through a relationship with the source that created it all.


Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28) KJV

A Grateful Believer in Jesus Christ
~Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment