Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pushed through maturity...

When I said 2013 was the year for continued growth, I really just had no clue. I have been through spiritual warfare a lot. It is tough. It isn't a pretty process either. I had a breakthrough last night followed by relief and gratitude because frankly, this one has worn me out.

This evening I have been able to sit and study and write down some of what I have learned. I have a headache and I am super tired. I have been in prayer for the strength to get through the rest of this day.

One of my many lessons that came up was how sometimes we are not capable of understanding the why's of what has happened in our life. Just like my 4 year old can't comprehend an adult world, we can't comprehend God's logic.

As Christians, we don't get to run around like kids completely oblivious. We aren't getting off that easy. If God has called us, He wants us to grow and mature spiritually. God's ultimate priority is making us holy and God wants us to know him. God will let us be uncomfortable and will let us endure and He will let us be stretched but He won't stretch past our abilities.

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV)

So as I was sitting here, just having closed my bible, thinking I needed to update my blog and I am still tired and I am ready for easier times, my 4 year old runs up to me and asks me to spell play-doh. I laughed and smiled. I ask for easy and God gives me play-doh, and the strength and restoration and inspiration to update my blog.

For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. Your restoration is what we pray for. (2 Corinthians 13:9 ESV)

A Grateful Believer in Jesus Christ
~Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment