Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Outside ourselves...



I have been reading through Judges and something that has been shown to me in my life several times lately came up. So often we can be sure something is the will of God because it is so much bigger than we are or could ever be on our own.  

In Judges Chapter 7, Gideon is preparing to defeat the Midianites. As he gathers his army, the Lord stops him and tells him that he as has too many men, that Israel would be become boastful and think they saved themselves. Gideon had planned to go into battle with more than 30,000 men and instead he fought with 300 and they were delivered, giving all credit to God.

God’s first priority is making us holy. He wants success for our lives, but He also wants credit for that success. In most things planned for us, it is out of our reach. If we could accomplish it all on our own, we wouldn’t need God and of course we need God.

My goal for 2013 is growth. I know I need to grow because so many things come so easy for me. This tells me I am not reaching my potential. My potential, the purpose God has prepared, is outside of myself. I have seen this happen in several instances lately. I pray so often to see more, find more, believe more, and accomplish more. That more I know is waiting because as my walk with God becomes stronger, so do I. I have this feeling in my heart, in my soul, that there is something waiting to be fulfilled. I am excited to see what His plan is and even more excited to get to be a part of it. Not just an accidental, this is where I fall into the scheme of things, but I want to be obedient and actively and intentionally work towards God’s will and His glory.

Well this is what was on my heart to share. I have struggled with getting it written down, so if you have trouble following, I apologize but I am sure there is something in there meant for you to get if you are reading this. I pray you find it.

A Grateful Believer in Jesus Christ
~Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment