Sunday, September 2, 2012

Heart smartness

One of my children has a pretty low IQ, but I have always said it was because God made her smart with her heart.

I have been sick and my daughter came in to my room and gave me hugs and said she loved me and was sorry I was sick, and full of giggles as she did. I hugged her back and asked why God gave me such an awesome girl.

Her response, "because God loves me and I needed a family so He gave me you and so I wouldn't just be one. If
we were just one we would be sad".

How does an 8 year old that can't read and doesn't know all of her ABC's
comprehend something so profound?

She has always amazed me and often it's her that leaves footprints on my heart. She is right, God doesn't want us to be alone.

Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. (Ecclesiastes 4:9, 10 KJV)

Do you try and be there for others? Are you loving others as Christ loved us? Are you ready to leave fingerprints?

A Grateful believer in Jesus Christ

~Johnna




No comments:

Post a Comment