Sunday, September 23, 2012

My side of the street...

We have to worry about our side of the street is a concept my husband learned and taught me. It has helped me so much in maintaining focus on what I am called to do and be.

So often it is easy for me to be distracted by what others are or are not doing. I get so distracted that I find myself trying to figure out how to fix others or to help them with their problems.

We have a saying in Alanon know as the three C's, I didn't cause it, I can't cure it and I can't control it.

With everything in life, I can only accept my part. I can only work on cleaning up my side of the street. This is also the key point of the serenity prayer, what we can and can not change.

So then how do we affect change? For me, I have to stay focused on my part so that I am not wasting time climbing mountains that aren't mine. I climb my own mountains and let God turn my tests and messes into testimony's and messages. By giving God all the glory for all things good, those that struggle will know where to find help.

My side of the street gets messy often. I have good intentions but lots of obstacles come along and again, distractions. I pray for God to help me keep it clean, to help maintain. I can't do anything on my own.

I spent the morning reading in John, trying to find center again.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. (John 10:27 ESV)

Doesn't get much more simpler than that. In our most frustrating times of tests , our shephard knows where we are at, and He is right there with us.

Are you being still and listening? Are you keeping your side of the street clean? Are you leaving fingerprints?

A Grateful Believer in Jesus Christ,

~Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment