Monday, September 10, 2012

I wanted to help and was helped...

Tomorrow marks the 11th year anniversary of 9/11. It was also 11 years ago, our first foster children (siblings) were reunited with their family. I still think of them, pray for them, and am always reminded on this day how blessed we were to get to be a part of their lives.

These children weren't with us long but they do remember us. I occasionally check in with them. The oldest is in college now.

And he took a child and put him in the midst of them, and taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me." (Mark 9:36, 37 ESV)

This time of year is bittersweet. I still miss them but I know God's will for them is good and sound. I took them in to help them, and they helped me. They left fingerprints on my life.

Have you taken the time to help a child? Has someone special left fingerprints on your life?

A Grateful Believer in Jesus Christ

~Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment