Sunday, September 9, 2012

Repurposed

Still working on researching this topic
but I wanted to get it out there.

I have realized a lot of things over the last few years as major changes have happened. Most recently brought to my attention is how much my purposes have changed.

This isn't a good thing or a bad thing, it's just something that has had to happen. We can't grow without change.

"He changes times and seasons;
he removes kings and sets up kings;
he gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to those who have understanding;" (Daniel 2:21 ESV)

And so with this verse I understand I am going through a season of growth and learning. I also understand my plate of responsibility is growing.

I am scheduled to speak and give my testimony several times in the next month in various towns. This was all actually answer to prayers. I prayed for the ability to right it all down, then I prayed for the ability to share, and then I prayed that God would use me to lead people to Christ. All of those prayers have been answered!!!

With this "repurpose", I have whole heartedly accepted my responsibility with the gifts the Lord has given me.

I have always talked too much, too loudly. I have been made fun of for my faith, even when I was a child, and I have a passion for telling people about Christ! I just didn't realize until recently that God made every bit of that for a
reason!

I was very young, 13, when I first led someone to Christ. It was just a matter of time before I led family to Christ and after that, several friends throughout the years, and most recently my children. There is nothing more precious than the hope found in the eyes of someone that has just accepted the gift of salvation.

As I recently wrote a 4th step inventory over priorities, my faith was added to that list. I have to share that with others, in whatever mission field I am
currently in. As busy as my life has been with other priorities, I have a ton of mission fields.

I am extremely excited as life moves forward, as I pray every day, God's
will be done. There is a peace that come from living in his will and not
our own. Self will is exhausting, God's
will strengthens us.

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. (1 Peter 5:10 ESV)

Have you had to change purposes? Have you opened your heart to accept
God's will? Are you ready to use your
Gifts to leave fingerprints?

A Grateful Believer in Jesus Christ

~Johnna



No comments:

Post a Comment